Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot gave NASCAR given the green light to turn city streets into racetracks three years in a row,reports.
🏡 Looking for more Chicago real estate leads? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
- look The reaction of White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson at the news that he was named the All-Star Game starter for the American League. (Youtube)
- On the north side, Cubs receiver Wilson Contreras named All-Star Game starter for the third time. (Nation of Bleachers)
- A man on a southbound CTA Red Line rush hour train was shot dead and wounded near 69th and State. The 21-year-old was shot in the shoulder. (NBC5)
- Chicago businessman and mayoral candidate Willie Wilson is donating gas again Saturday. (FOX32)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve had so many positive comments on the Chicago Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If so, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would appreciate your feedback so much that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
- square root partyl at Lincoln Square (5 p.m.)
- The Legendary Tour with Earthquake In & Donnell Rawlings at Chicago Theater (8 p.m.)
- Zac Brown Band: Out In The Middle Tour at Wrigley Field (7 p.m.)
- Wicker Park Farmers Market at 1425 N. Damen Ave. (8 hrs)
- Taste of Chicago at Grant Park (12h)
- Marcia Bell at Space (8 p.m.)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Spanish Lessons for Adult Beginners via Zoom FREE Trial (July 11)
- StyleChicago.com’s 8th Annual Cruise in Style (Evening Dinner + Cocktail Cruise) (July 14)
- Evanston Made Maker’s Markets (August 7)
- Add your event
- Project Fire Buddies Named Nonprofit Hero of the Month for June 2022 by Sterk Family Law Group PC (Details)
- Take time for yourself to solve family problems (Details)
- Aneta Balliet completes exclusive Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices launch program in Chicago (details)
- Keshyra Williams completes exclusive Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices launch program in Chicago (details)
- Add your ad
— Marc Konkol
About me: Mark Konkol, 2011 Pulitzer Prize winner for local reporting, wrote and produced the Peabody Award-winning series Time: The Kalief Browder Story. He was producer, writer and narrator for the CNN docuseries “Chicagoland” and consulting producer on the Showtime documentary “16 Shots.”
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Chicago Daily? Contact me at [email protected]